Asparagus and Rock Shrimp Risotto
Mar 19th, 2014
Super-Creamy Deviled Eggs
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup canned butter beans or white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 Tbs light mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 Tbs thinly sliced chives or scallions
- Place the eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer slowly for 12 minutes. Cool under cold running water. Shell by tapping the eggs against the side of the pan and gently removing the shells.
- Cut the eggs lengthwise in half. Place 4 whole yolks in the bowl of a mini food processor and discard the remaining 2 yolks. Add the butter beans or kidney beans, mayonnaise, mustard, and pepper. Blend the mixture until smooth. Add the celery, carrots, and chives or scallions. Process using pulses, just until the vegetables are incorporated.
- Spoon the filling into the hollows of the whites, mounding to fill. Place the egg halves on a platter, cover with plastic, and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Serve cold.
Serving Suggestion: Can be made up to 1 day in advance.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.