Quinoa and Bean Salad
- Quinoa salad:1 cup quinoa, well rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 2 to 3 scallions, minced
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Bean salad:1 16-ounce (455g) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1 Tbs apple cider
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley or cilantro
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Garnishes: Pumpkin seeds
- Black olives
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- Boil 2 cups water (480mL) in a saucepan. Add the quinoa and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. When done, fluff with a fork and transfer to a bowl. Combine quinoa with remaining ingredients for the quinoa salad.
- While the quinoa cooks, toss the bean salad ingredients in another bowl.
- To assemble, spread quinoa salad evenly on a platter. Leave a well in the center and mound bean salad into the well. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds. Arrange olives and pepper strips around the edge.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.