- 2 Tbs oil
- 1 box tofu, drained
- 1/8 tsp turmeric (more or less according to taste)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbs low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms chopped (optional)
- 1 green onion, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tomato, chopped (optional)
- 1 bell pepper, finely chopped (optional)
- Heat oil in a skillet. Add veggies and cook until they are tender but crisp. Add tofu, breaking it up into chunks. It may get quite crumbly; this is okay. Add soy sauce, garlic powder, and turmeric. Stir around for a few minutes, until the seasonings are well distributed. Cook over medium heat until the tofu is hot. A few drops of Tabasco or other hot sauce adds a spicy touch. Serve with toast and fruit for a hearty breakfast.
- Makes 4 servings.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.