Barbecued Thai Chicken Salad
- 3.5 lbs broiler fryer chicken
- 1 14 oz can unsweetened coconut milk (low-fat or regular)
- 1 Tbs curry powder
- 1 Tbs lime juice
- 1 Tbs fish sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 12 leaves red lettuce, rinsed
- 1 med head lettuce, shredded
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, torn
- 1/3 cup peanuts, finely chopped
- Sweet and Sour Cilantro Dressing2/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chili paste
- 1/3 cup safflower oil
- Rinse chicken, pat dry. Split chicken in half with a large, sharp knife.
- In a large bowl whisk curry powder into the coconut milk. Blend in lime juice, fish sauce, garlic, cilantro, and brown sugar.
- Add chicken, turning to coat in marinade. Cover bowl; refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat charcoal grill or oven broiler. Place chicken on grill or broiler, skin side down. Turn after about 10 minutes.
- Cook until juices run clear or fork can be inserted into the chicken with ease, about 30 minutes. Cool chicken slightly; cut into strips.
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients and stir until the sugar dissolves; set aside.
- Arrange red lettuce leaves on six plates. Combine shredded lettuce, bell pepper, and mint; place on top of the red lettuce leaves.
- Place an equal portion of chicken onto each plate. Sprinkle with peanuts and drizzle with the dressing.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.