Crunchy Turkey Salad on Greens
- 2 cups turkey meat, cubed
- salt to taste
- 1/4- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil, or substitute
- 2 Tbs capers, chopped with some juice
- 1/3 cup celery, diced
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 1 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 small gala apple, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted, or substitute
- 1 6 oz cup lowfat plain yogurt
- 1 package mixed field greens
- parsley, finely chopped, for garnish
- Mix all ingredients gently in a large bowl except the yogurt. Start mixing the yogurt to the turkey mixture one tablespoon at a time and mixing at each addition until desired quantity. To give a French taste to the salad, add 1 teaspoon Djion mustard to the yogurt before adding to the turkey mixture.
- Serve on a bed of mixed field greens and enjoy.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.