Baked Chicken Breast with Stewed Peaches
- olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 5 to 6 ounces each
- salt, optional
- juice of 6 oranges (about 3 cups)
- 4 ripe peaches (about 13/4 pounds), peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1/2 cup packed raisins
- 1 Tbs chopped toasted almonds, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Rub a tiny amount of olive oil in a shallow baking pan large enough to hold the chicken in a single layer.
- Lay the breasts in the pan and sprinkle lightly with salt, if desired. Bake for about 35 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and an instant-read thermometer registers 170°F when inserted in the thickest part of the chicken. Pour off the pan juice from the chicken.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the orange juice, peaches, and raisins. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer, uncovered, for about 20 minutes or until the peaches are soft.
- Serve the chicken with the stewed peaches and sauce spooned over it and garnished with almonds.
- Toasted AlmondsPut the nuts in a small dry skillet and toast over medium-high heat for 3 to 5 minutes, shaking the pan, until the almonds are fragrant and lightly browned. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.