Chicken Salad with Fennel, Orange, and Raspberries
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 large navel oranges
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed and coarsely diced
- 8 cups mixed lettuce such as Boston or Bibb, washed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- Tangy Raspberry-Orange-Mustard Dressing:3 Tbs olive oil
- 3 Tbs grainy mustard
- 3 Tbs honey
- 2 Tbs raspberry vinegar
- 1 large navel orange, zest grated and juice squeezed
- Salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Set 4 dinner plates in the refrigerator.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients for the dressing. Spoon 2 tablespoons of dressing into a large skillet and set the rest aside.
- Over medium-low heat, add chicken and orange juice to skillet. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low and cover the pan. Cook chicken for 6 minutes, then turn it over and cook for another 6 minutes. Shut off heat, remove lid, and let cool in the pan for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut off tops and bottoms of remaining 3 oranges with a sharp paring knife; peel the oranges, removing all the white pith, and slice into rounds.
- In a large bowl, toss the fennel and lettuce with all but 2 tablespoons of the reserved dressing. Divide the lettuce mixture among the 4 chilled dinner plates. Slice the chicken into thin strips. Arrange the chicken, orange sections and onion slices on top of lettuce. Drizzle with remaining dressing, sprinkle with raspberries and serve.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.