Crostini with Roasted Eggplant Spread
- 4 thick (1/2-inch or 1.25cm) slices peeled eggplant
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 garlic clove, crushed through a press
- 1/4 cup chopped rinsed and drained jarred roasted peppers
- 1/2 tsp rinsed small capers
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 12 slices crostini or toasted Italian bread
- Heat oven to 425°F (220°C). Arrange the eggplant in a single layer on a nonstick coated baking sheet. Stir the olive oil and garlic together in a small bowl and lightly brush on both sides of the eggplant.
- Roast eggplant slices until lightly browned, turning once, about 20 minutes per side. Cool slightly.
- Coarsely chop the eggplant and combine with the red peppers and capers; add black pepper to taste. Serve warm or cold as a spread on crostini.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.