Hoisin-Flavored Mushrooms and Shrimp
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 lb white button mushrooms, sliced (about 5 cups)
- 1 Tbs minced fresh ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 1/3 cups orzo uncooked
- 2 cans (13 3/4 ounces each) ready-to-serve chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Hoisin sauce
- ground red pepper, pinch
- 12 oz shrimp (cleaned & deveined), cooked
- 1/2 cup green onions (scallions) cut in 1-inch pieces
- In a large saucepan heat oil until hot; add mushrooms, ginger and garlic. Cook until mushrooms release their liquid, about 5 minutes. Stir in pasta, chicken broth, Hoisin sauce and red pepper; bring to a boil. Simmer covered, stirring occasionally, until orzo is firm-tender (al dente) and some liquid remains, about 10 minutes. Stir in shrimp and green onions; cook until shrimp are heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.