Spicy Thai Noodles
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 Tbs soy sauce, low sodium
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp sesame oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 7 oz rice noodles, uncooked
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 green chili pepper, fresh, sliced lengthwise very thin
- 3 green onions, chopped in 4-inch (10cm) pieces and slivered lengthwise
- 2 cups nappa cabbage, (Chinese cabbage), shredded
- In a small bowl, mix rice vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, cornstarch, one tsp sesame oil and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Prepare noodles according to package directions.
- Heat one tsp (5g) of sesame oil in a large skillet or wok. Add garlic, carrot, green chili and onions, stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes. Add cabbage and stir fry 2 to 3 minutes. Pour sauce over vegetables and cook for 2 minutes until hot and bubbly. Cover vegetables to keep warm.
- Pour vegetables and sauce over cooked noodles. Mix together and serve.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.