Beef Pepper Steak
- 1 pound beef top round or top sirloin steak, cut 3/4 inch thick or flank steak
- 1/2 cup prepared Italian dressing
- salt and pepper
- 2 large bell peppers, any color, cut into 1/8-inch strips
- 1 onion, cut into 1/8-inch wedges
- Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/8-inch thick strips. Place beef and 1/3 cup Italian dressing in food-safe plastic bag; turn beef to coat. Reserve remaining dressing for vegetables. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1/2 of beef; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. (Do not overcook.) Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining beef. Season beef with salt and pepper; keep warm. Wipe skillet with paper towel.
- Heat remaining Italian dressing in same skillet until hot. Add peppers and onion. Stir-fry 5 to 6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Return beef and juices to skillet. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc, and a good source of iron.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.