Beef Steak Sandwich Fold-Ups
- 1 well-trimmed boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick (approx. 1-1/4 pounds)
- 1/4 cup marinated dried tomatoes, drained, chopped
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh basil
- 8 small (6 to 7 inches) flour tortillas, warmed
- 8 small leaves green leaf lettuce
- 4 thin slices small red onion, separated into rings
- Dressing3 tablespoons oil reserved from marinated dried tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat large heavy nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place beef steak in skillet; cook approx. 12 to 15 minutes for medium-rare to medium doneness, turning once.
- In large bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients. Trim fat from steak. Carve steak crosswise into thin slices. Add beef, tomatoes and basil to dressing; toss lightly.
- Place 1 lettuce leaf on each tortilla. Arrange an equal amount of beef mixture and onion in center of each. Fold bottom edge up over filling; fold right and left sides to center, overlapping edges. Secure with wooden picks; garnish as desired.
Cook's Tip: Three tablespoons olive oil may be substituted for oil reserved from marinated dried tomatoes.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc; and a good source of fiber.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.