Chicken Tortilla Soup with Corn and Spinach
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cups fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen or canned corn kernels
- 4 cups lightly packed baby spinach (4 ounces)
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup salsa
- juice of 1 lime
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 oz unsalted tortilla chips
- Heat the oil in a deep medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Sauté the onion until it is translucent.
- Pour in the chicken broth. Add the corn and spinach. Reduce the heat to medium and cook until the corn is heated through and the spinach is bright green, 3 minutes. Mix in the chicken, salsa, and lime juice. Season the soup to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, divide the soup among 4 deep bowls. Top each bowl with one quarter of the cilantro. Coarsely crush the tortilla chips and stir one quarter of them into each bowl. Serve immediately.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.