Chicken Waldorf Salad
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 crisp red apple (such as Harrelson or Braeburn)
- 1 crisp green apple (such as Granny Smith)
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 6 oz cartons fat-free orange or vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- Lightly salt and pepper chicken, if desired.
- In large skillet, combine chicken and 3/4 cup water. Bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat to medium. Cook 8 to 12 minutes or until internal juices run clear. Drain; set aside to cool slightly. Meanwhile, core apples and cut into bite-sized pieces. Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. In large bowl, combine chicken and remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve chicken mixture on shredded lettuce. Serve with poppy seed or raspberry muffins, if desired.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.