Asparagus Spring Rolls with Sweet Red Chili Dipping Sauce
- Spring Rolls:1 lb asparagus
- 3/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 3/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 mango or papaya
- fresh ginger, 2-inch piece
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup dry roasted, salted peanuts, chopped
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 8-inch Vietnamese dried rice paper spring roll wrappers, 6 to 8 sheets
- Dipping Sauce:1/4 cup store-bought sweet chili sauce
- juice of 1 lime
- Filling Blanche asparagus in boiling salted water until tender to the bite, to 5 minutes. Peel and julienne mango or papaya and ginger. Julienne bell pepper. Set aside with remaining filling ingredients.
- To assemble, fill a large bowl with hot water. Working with one wrapper at a time, slip rice paper wrapper into water until pliable, about 1 minute. Place wrapper on cutting board. In the center, put 3 to 4 asparagus spears with the tips coming off the end of the wrapper slightly, 3 to 4 mango or papaya slices, 3-4 pepper slices, tablespoons sprouts, 2 tablespoons herbs, sprinkling of ginger and peanuts.
- Roll the wrapper from the bottom up, tightly. Leaving the ends open. Set aside and cover with a damp towel. Finish with remaining wrappers.
- When ready to serve, slice wrappers into 3 segments each and stand upright on a serving platter.
- SauceMix chili sauce and limejuice together. Serve along side the rolls as a dipping sauce.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.