Shrimp with Cherry Tomatoes and Feta
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 lb medium shrimp, shelled
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (12-ounce) bag cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh oregano, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 cup dry white wine, or fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 Tbs chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 Tbs crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and stir with a wooden spoon until they just lose their raw color, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic, tomatoes, oregano, and wine or broth. Cook, using a spoon to roll the tomatoes around, until most of the liquid has boiled off, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the parsley and cheese, and cook 1 minute longer, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper, and serve immediately.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.