Blueberry Almond Crepes
- 1 container cottage cheese (16 ounces)
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 Tbs sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tbs grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup chopped blanched almonds
- 2 Tbs cornstarch
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup toasted* sliced natural almonds (for topping)
- Crepes4 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tbs light brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- Filling:In a blender container, place cottage cheese, egg yolks, 3 Tbs sugar and orange peel; whirl until well combined. Add chopped almonds; whirl until smooth; set aside.
- Blueberry Sauce: In a saucepan, combine the remaining 1/2 cup sugar and the cornstarch. Stir in orange juice and blueberries. Over medium-high heat, bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened and clear, about 1 minute.
- Crepes:In a blender container, place 4 eggs, 1 cup each flour and milk, 1 Tbs light brown sugar and 1/4 tsp almond extract. Whirl until smooth. Spray crepe pan with non-stick cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Add about 3 Tbs batter to pan, tilting to make an even layer. Cook on one side until crepe begins to brown, about 1 minute. Place on a sheet of waxed paper, browned side up. Repeat with remaining batter; layering the crepes with waxed paper.
- To assemble, place 2 rounded Tbs of filling on each crepe. Roll and place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve, preheat oven to 300°F. Bake filled crepes until hot, about 15 minutes. Top with blueberry sauce, sprinkle with toasted almonds and, if desired, a dollop of sour cream.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.