Brazilian Pork Salad with Tangerine Vinaigrette
- 1 1/2 lbs pork tenderloin, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium bunch kale
- 2 tsp ground coriander, divided
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 2 Tbs olive oil, divided
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup tangerine juice
- 1 tsp red pepper, flakes
- 1 1/4 cups pineapple, fresh slices, cubed, divided
- 1/2 cup cilantro, fresh, snipped, divided
- 4 tangerines, peeled and sectioned or 2 navel oranges
- Stack kale leaves and roll up tightly; slice crosswise into very thin strips; place in serving bowl. Add drained black beans.
- Season pork strips with 1 teaspoon coriander, salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in large non-stick skillet over high heat. Stir-fry pork strips until they are golden brown, about 3-5 minutes. Place pork strips in serving bowl with black beans and kale.
- In blender, combine citrus juices, remaining tablespoon olive oil, red pepper flakes, 1/4 cup pineapple cubes, remaining 1 teaspoon coriander, 1/4 cup cilantro, and salt and pepper to taste. Blend until smooth.
- Add tangerine sections and remaining pineapple cubes to salad bowl. Toss salad with dressing. Garnish with remaining cilantro and toasted coconut.
Substitution Tip: Canned pineapple rings in natural juices, cut into cubes, may be substituted for fresh pineapple.
Cooking Tip: To toast coconut, spread on shallow cookie sheet and toast in 325° F. oven for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally to toast evenly.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.