Asian-Flavored Baby Back Ribs
- 2 racks baby back pork ribs, about 4 pound total
- 4 stalks lemongrass, chopped (white part and some pale green)
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 2-inch piece ginger root, grated, about 2 1/2 tablespoons
- 2 Thai chiles, (or 4-5 jalapeños), seeded and thinly sliced (wear plastic gloves to protect hands when handling chiles)
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 Tbs sugar
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 Tbs fish sauce
- 3 Tbs lemon juice
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- In medium bowl, stir together all marinade ingredients; pour over ribs in heavy, resealable plastic bag. Seal bag and refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
- Turn the ribs two or three times while marinating. Prepare an indirect medium fire in grill, with a drip pan in the center. For a gas grill heat grill to medium and turn off any burners directly below where the food will go. With the lid closed, the indirect heat method serves as an oven, circulating heat evenly throughout.
- Remove ribs from marinade (discarding marinade), place in rib rack and place on grill over drip pan, away from the heat. Cover grill and grill for 1 1/2 hours, until rib meat is very tender. Transfer the ribs to a cutting board, cut into serving portions.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.