Asian Noodle and Seafood Soup
- 4 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 lb squid, cleaned and cut into rings
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 10 oz (5 ounces) package Asian noodles
- 6 oz packaged frozen Chinese pea pods
- 8 oz surimi seafood, crab-flavored, flake-style
- 1 Tbs reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbs rice vinegar
- 4 tsp green onion, chopped for garnish
- Combine broth, water, squid and garlic in Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 20-30 minutes.
- Break noodles in half; add to broth along with pea pods, surimi, soy sauce, rice vinegar and sesame oil. Simmer 3 minutes, or until noodles are tender. Ladle into bowls; garnish with green onions. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.