Beef Tri-Tip with Rosemary-Garlic Vegetables
- 1 beef tri-tip roast (1-1/2 to 2 pounds)
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 12 small red-skinned potatoes, halved
- 2 medium red, yellow or green bell peppers, cut into eighths
- 2 medium sweet onions, cut into 1-inch wedges
- Seasoning:2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Heat oven to 425°F. Combine seasoning ingredients; press 1/2 onto beef roast. Combine remaining seasoning with oil and vegetables in large bowl; toss.
- Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Place vegetables on rack around roast. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 425°F oven 30 to 40 minutes for medium rare; 40 to 45 minutes for medium doneness.
- Remove roast when instant-read thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare; 150°F for medium. Transfer to board; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium.)
- Meanwhile increase oven temperature to 475°F. Remove peppers. Continue roasting potatoes and onions 10 minutes or until tender and lightly browned. Carve roast across the grain. Serve with vegetables.
- Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.