- 1 lb shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 6 Tbs olive oil
- 3 large cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 large sweet onion finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomato
- 1 Tbs tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1/2 cup pimentos finely chopped
- 1 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp minced hot chili pepper of choice
- juice of 1 lime
- kosher salt to taste
- toasted and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 oz steamed white rice
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- To prepare the Sofrito base, sauté the garlic, and onions until tender. (Do not brown the garlic.) Add tomatoes, paste, bay leaf, sherry, pimentos, Worcestershire, salt, pepper, and chili pepper and cook until the mixture has thickened. Add Shrimp and cook until they are opaque.
- In a large bowl spoon the rice into the center of the bowl, then place the shrimp around the rice. Pour the sauce over the shrimp and garnish with the fresh cilantro.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.