Eggs & Hash Brown Skillet
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp instant chicken bouillon
- 2 cups coarsely shredded carrots (about 2 large)
- 2 cups frozen western-style hash brown potatoes (about 6 oz.)
- 2 cups coarsely shredded zucchini
- 1 1/2 tsp dried dill weed
- 6 eggs
- Sauté onion in oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Add water and bouillon; stir until bouillon is dissolved. Add carrots, potatoes, zucchini and dill; mix well.
- Cook, covered, over medium heat until heated through, about 10 minutes. Press 6 indentations (about 2-inch diameter) into vegetable mixture with back of spoon.
- Break and slip an egg into each indentation. Cook, covered, over medium heat until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, 8 to 10 minutes.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.