Fresh Vegetable Bean Soup
- 2 14 oz cans chicken or beef broth
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 med onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green peas
- 1 15 oz can beans
- 1/4 cups rosmarino or other small pasta
- 1 Tbs dry basil
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- Pour broth into a 2-quart saucepan; heat to a simmer.
- Meanwhile heat a medium sized skillet; add olive oil.
- Add fresh vegetables to the skillet in the order they are listed and prepared. Stir occasionally to cook evenly.
- Cook another 3 to 5 minutes. Add cooked vegetables, peas, beans, and herbs to broth. Simmer for 30 minutes.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.