Grilled Lamb Antipasto with Fresh Basil-Rosemary Vinaigrette
- 2 lamb leg steaks, 1-inch thick
- 1 red bell pepper, halved
- 1 green bell pepper, halved
- 1 red onion, halved
- 2 6 oz jars, marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 3.5 oz can pitted olives, drained
- 3 Tbs peperoncini, thinly sliced
- 1 large artichoke for garnish (optional)
- Fresh Basil-Rosemary Vinaigrette2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup basil, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbs rosemary, chopped
- 1 Tbs capers
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp seasoned pepper
- Grill lamb over medium-hot coals.
- Cook lamb, bell peppers, and onion four inches from coals for 5 to 6 minutes per side, or until desired degree of doneness: 145ºF for medium-rare, 160ºF for medium, or 170ºF for well.
- Turn vegetables frequently until cooked.
- Slice lamb and vegetables 1/4-inch thick, set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine ingredients for vinaigrette: oil, vinegar, onion, basil, rosemary, garlic, capers, salt, and seasoned pepper.
- Cover and set aside.
- In large bowl, combine lamb, grilled vegetables, artichoke hearts, olives, and peperoncini.
- Pour vinaigrette over meat-vegetable mixture; toss gently.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours; serve.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.