Italian Beef & Pasta
- 1- 1/4 lbs boneless beef chuck steaks, cut 1/2 inch thick
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained, broken up
- 1 can (13-3/4 to 14-1/2 ounces) ready-to-serve beef broth
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 lb small mushrooms, halved
- 4 oz uncooked mostaccioli (1-1/2 cups)
- 2 Tbs grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut beef steaks into 1-inch pieces. Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat until hot. Brown beef, 1/2 at a time; remove. Pour off drippings.
- Add onion, garlic and Italian seasoning to Dutch oven; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add beef, tomatoes, broth and wine; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1-1/2 hours or until beef is tender.
- Stir in mushrooms and mostaccioli; continue cooking, covered, 20 minutes. Uncover; continue cooking 10 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in cheese.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.