Mediterranean Stuffed Lamb Leg
- 4 tsp olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup spinach leaves, shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, shredded
- 2 Tbs sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil, drained and finely chopped
- 2 Tbs pine nuts
- 2 tsp lemon pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 lbs lamb leg, deboned and rolled
- In medium skillet, heat 2 teaspoons olive oil.
- Cook onion and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Mix in spinach, basil, sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, and 1 teaspoon lemon pepper.
- Cook additional 2 to 3 minutes until spinach is wilted.
- Mix in feta cheese; set aside.
- Remove netting or strings from leg of lamb and open.
- Flatten and place stuffing in center of meat; roll back up and re-tie with string.
- Brush with 2 teaspoons olive oil and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon lemon pepper.
- Place leg on rack in roasting pan and roast in 325ºF oven for approximately 2 hours, or to desired degree of doneness: 145ºF for medium-rare, 160ºF for medium, or 170ºF for well. Let roast stand covered 10 minutes before slicing.
- Internal temperature will rise approximately 10 degrees.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.